I’m currently loving super bright red lips. They look so fresh paired with well-moisturized, luminous skin; minimal makeup, and shiny, healthy undone (French girl) hair. This is the perfect look for holiday parties because it’s so effortless, yet so cool. For super shiny hair, do a protein treatment the day-of. Make sure your skin is well hydrated, and for makeup, cover any red marks and imperfections with a touch of concealer. Skip heavy foundation and powder. Instead use a liquid highlighter on brow bones and cheekbones. Curl lashes and apply a coat of glossy black mascara. (Skip heavy eye makeup since the focus will be on your mouth.) For lips, gently exfoliate with a mild scrub and lightly moisturize. Go over the entire lip area with concealer to neutralize and buff out to blend. Forgo lip pencil and apply lipstick with a finely pointed lip brush, outlining and then filling in. Blot and then re-apply to desired intensity. Don’t rub lips together! It will cause the lipstick to wear away from the center. In your clutch, stash a pocket mirror, lip brush, and lipstick for touch-ups.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture lipstick, $30, at Sephora
2. GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara, $22, at Josie Maran
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $19, at Shu Uemura
4. Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer, $22, at Stila
5. Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, $18.99, at Walgreens