My favorite makeup line right now is Bare Escentuals, especially the eye colors, liners and lip gloss! They are so amazing. If you have not tried them, you must! A good place to start: The Perfect Gift Collection, which will be ‘Today’s Special Value’ on QVC Saturday, November 13. The kit is great for the upcoming holiday season and includes never-before seen shades and products, including the world-wide debut of bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Rouge Pretty. This brick rose shade looks like a high-shine hydrating gloss, yet defines and enhances lips like a lipcolor. The Perfect Gift Collection also comes with never-before seen eye and cheek shades, including Avant-Garden Blush (bright carnation), Crème de la Crème Eyecolor (mocha cream), Magnifique Eyecolor (smoky plum), Black Coffee Big & Bright Eye Pencil (brown-black), Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in BlackRich (true black), and Tinted Hydrating Mineral Veil. Price: $36.98
Bare Escentuals Eyecolors are my favorites because the shades are so versatile, pigmented, and long-wearing. Plus, they’re safe for sensitive eyes and free of preservatives, fillers, oils, and fragrance. At first I wasn’t sure how to use them because they come in loose powder form, but now that I have the Swirl, Tap, Buff bareMinerals method of application down, it’s super easy.
If you’re new to Bare Escentuals Eyecolors, I recommend getting a kit first so you can try out a range of colors. Plus, they come with a handy little how to. My favorite is the Fabulous Eyecolor Palette in Earthy Elegance. It includes four Eyecolors that can be worn alone or layered together, the Double-Ended Brush so you can line and define, a handy mirror for on the go application, and a removable mixing well. This collection includes Ta-dah (golden-peach glow matte), Rebel (jade espresso glimmer), Fearless (black spruce glimmer), Marina Liner Shadow (marine navy), and the Double-ended brush. You can use most of these Eyecolors wet or dry for different looks–just dampen the brush and apply to make a more bold, opaque application. Price: $24.00
Just for fun I thought I’d list some of the other products I’m currently using & loving from Buxom and bareMinerals:
- Boxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish – This stuff is incredible! It has real staying power, serious shine, smells amazing, gives your lips a tingly boost of fullness. I love it and I don’t leave home without it!
- Buxom Lash in Blackest Black – The BEST mascara. Which of course means it will probably be discontinued, right?
- Buxom Smoky Eye Brush -I use this brush daily to apply and blend my eye makeup. It’s awesome.
- bareMinerals Eye Shaping Brush – I use this brush with bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes SPF 20–also in my makeup bag! I use the Swirl, Tap, Buff method around my eye area to conceal.
- I also keep bareMinerals Gossamer and Buxom Inside Eyeliner in Amethyst on hand, as well as about a million different eye colors–to name a few: the gorg liner shadow in Aquamarine and creme de menthe.
Are you guys fans of bareMinerals? What are some of your favorite products?