Thanks to the always-awesome SELF magazine, Antonio Prieto, founder of Antonio Prieto Salon in New York City, offers up some easy-to-do, at-home hair tricks for styling straight hair like a pro!
- Straight, voluminous hair starts in the shower. Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner such as Volupt by Sebastian. The combo takes away any heavy build up and allows hair to be as voluminous as it can be.
- Use a medium boar bristle brush. The close-knit bristles provide hair with a lot of tension, which contributes to create straight hair more volume and shine.
- Velcro rollers are great for adding volume and bounce in the hair once it’s been dried. They also smooth out fly always that straight locks have.
- Always start with root volumizer. It’s great as a foundation for all of these techniques.
- Don’t be afraid to use a 1.5 inch curling iron! When you want bouncy sexy hair that easy to do, take 1″ sections of hair, spray with a thermal spray. Then, curl each piece.
- Create lots of shine and smooth flyaways with a smoothing serum, like Liquid Gloss by Sebastian.
Find out more on straight hair styling in the pages of the August issue of SELF. And check out this video of Antonio Prieto on how to get salon perfect hair at home!