Jada Pinkett-Smith turned up at the third annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon in Beverly Hills last week with this interesting braided updo.
Frankly, I’m not quite sure how I feel about this look. It’s kinda Sideshow Bobesque.
That said, I still kind of like it. What do you guys think: Yay or Nay? In case you love it, after the break I tell you how to recreate the style at home.
Jada’s Braided & Textured Pony Hair How To:
Create the Braid:
- Make a part, starting from behind the left ear to the right ear.
- Then, create a deep right-side part leaving out the lesser hair.
- Gather the front section of hair and tease the root to create texture and volume.
- Add a texturizing volume spray at the root area for hold.
- Braid the hair on the scalp from right to left all the way to the end.
Make a Pony:
- Brush the rest of the hair into a high pony above the ears and secure with a holder.
- Apply H2pro Silk 1 Minute Thermal Hair Treatment on the pony and divide into small sections.
- Curl into spirals and apply a light shine serum to your hands and separate spirals.
- Then spray with a texturizing mist for added texture and a bit of roughness.
Shape the Pony:
- Take the end of the braid and pin it to the part on the scalp.
- Then take a bobby pin with the open end, swoop into the curled pony, lift and pin to scalp.
- This creates a bit of lift and added structure, repeat until you’re happy with the shape.
- Utilize a light wax spray for shine and texture.
- Finish with White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray for lasting hold.