When I am super lazy or in a big rush, I opt for OPI Matte polish on my fingers and toes at the nail salon because it dries super fast. I’m not even particularly crazy about the matte look on my fingers and it seems to chip faster than regular polish. But still, so conveniently fast! Right now I’m wearing Russian Navy Matte:
But matte can be very… well, flat. And if you love the look of really intensely glittery nail polishes, you can make your own! That way you can have a polish that looks great and is the exact color and level of glitter you want. Here’s how:
- Get some fine-size flake craft glitter or medium size if you want it really chunky.
- Find some clear nail polish (if you have a half-full bottle, all the better.)
- If you have a full bottle, pour half the nail polish into another container.
- Funnel your glitter into the half-full polish bottle.
- Shake it up.
- Apply! This would look extra cool over a dark color.