Deborah LaMia Denaver, Hollywood makeup artist, has teamed up with NIVEA, the official beauty partner of the upcoming all-star rom-com Valentine’s Day, to share her list of top beauty tips this Valentine’s Day. As the head makeup artist for the film, Deborah knows what it takes to look and feel your best. “As a makeup artist working with Hollywood elite, I am constantly asked about my top beauty secrets for great looking and feeling skin,” she says. “When it comes to makeup, your skin is like a canvas and the foundation of any great look. The worst thing is to have that canvas be dry, cracked or not looking its best, especially when it comes to special events like a big date on Valentine’s Day. That’s when you want to be your touchable and kissable best!”
To stay my ‘kissable best’ I’ve been using NIVEA’s A Kiss of Moisture and A Kiss of Flavor Lip Care. Enriched with natural beeswax and shea butter, these lippies range in flavors from cherry to passion fruit to pearly shimmer. They hydrate and offers long-lasting protection for soft, kissable lips. Best of all, they’re really nice, high-quality for a super low price. Price: $2.99!
NIVEA has your gloss needs covered too. Enriched with natural shea butter and vitamin E, NIVEA’s Glossy Lip Care ranges from Natural to Pink to Red. They come in convenient and sanitary squeezable tubes and leave lips smooth with a sheer shine of glossy, moisturizing color. Love! Price: $3.29
After the break, Deborah LaMia Denaver gives her top makeup tips for how to turn up the romance on Valentine’s Day!
Whether you’re planning a hot night out on the town or an intimate dinner at home this Valentine’s Day, Deborah has some makeup tips to make sure you look your best:
- Valentine’s Day is all about red and most women like to wear a hint of red somewhere. For those of you wearing a red dress or beautiful blouse, go for a classic, timeless look, keeping your makeup soft and clean. A little red on your lips goes a long way.
- If you want to stick with the red theme of Valentine’s Day but are nervous about using a matte red lipstick, try a sheer gloss with red tint such as NIVEA A Kiss of Shine Red Glossy Lip Care. The extra shine will leave you feeling ultra sexy this Valentine’s Day. Another great tip is to prime your lips with a lip balm like NIVEA A Kiss of Hydrating Lip Care before applying that lipstick to give your lips that extra moisturizing oomph, so the color isn’t too heavy.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! To guarantee radiant, glowing skin, exfoliation is a must to get rid of dead skin cells that accumulate, especially during the winter months.
- Prep your skin ahead of time for the big night. Most people assume that, as a makeup artist, my focus is always on the face, but you need to pay attention to your skin from head to toe. Anything less is a disservice. One of my favorite products to get your skin touchably smooth is NIVEA’s Smooth Sensation Body Lotion. I always recommend applying lotion after you get out of the shower while your skin is still damp to lock in moisture for smooth skin that will last all day.
- Practice makes perfect. Before I try out a new look, I always test it out beforehand. Especially on a special night, like Valentine’s Day, the last thing you want to do is dabble with new makeup colors or a drastically different look that can go wrong. Test it out in advance and take that look public with friends first.
- One of my new favorite looks is using sparkle. Those of you watching the red carpets this awards season have seen lots of celebs with a touch of sparkle on their eyes, lips and cheeks. For special occasions, it adds that little extra something to your look…but not everyone wants that ultra-glam look for a night out on the town. The next best thing? Use a body wash that has diamond powder and conditioner like NIVEA’s Touch of Sparkle to give skin a festive sparkle and leave you feeling like the shining star you are.
- Spice up your Valentine’s Day with your lover’s favorite fruit. Use a moisturizing lip balm, like NIVEA A Kiss of Flavor Passion Fruit Tinted Lip Care that will seal in moisture, leaving lips looking beautiful, soft and kissable with a juicy fruit flavor your lover will love you for.
- To keep your lips from drying out, lock in moisture and protect them during the cold months with a hydrating lip balm that has an SPF in it. We all know that we should wear an SPF on our face every day and your lips are no exception. Block harmful rays and keep your pout looking smooth and your lips feeling soft.
- Be careful with intense temperatures. Never wash your face with hot or cold water because either extreme can cause broken capillaries that can be difficult to hide, even with the most effective foundation or cover-up. Instead, use warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores and rinse only with cool or lukewarm water.
- Don’t forget about fragrance to set the mood this Valentine’s Day. Pick a tantalizing scent that will intoxicate your man and leave him with a smell he won’t soon forget. Hit all the touchable spots; wrists, the sides of your neck, and over your heart to naturally intensify the scent.
An editorial sample was provided by the company so I could review this product. Please see my About page for further information on Disclosure policies.