From retro housewives to vampires, this year Halloween costumes are going to be all about popular big (and small) screen characters. But putting together the perfect ensemble can be tricky…and expensive, Don’t bother spending money on a wig–it’s easy to recreate your favorite character’s hairstyles at home with help from Pantene celebrity stylist, Danilo. These looks will be sure to impress.
Betty Draper from Mad Men:
- Start by using the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner to help tame frizz and leave hair silky.
- Apply the Pantene Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm to damp hair.
- Blow-dry hair using a natural or combination bristle round brush.
- Wrap big sections of hair around a 1-inch barrel curling iron, wrapping from root to end for deep waves (wrap the front of hair away from the face and curl ends under).
- Part hair to one side and apply gently brush hair with a natural bristly brush to keep curls together (using a synthetic brush will separate the curls creating a more tousled look).
- Finish the look with the Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Maximum Hold Aerosol Hairspray.
Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl:
- Start by using the Pantene Pro-V Texture Shampoo and Conditioner to prepare hair for a healthy, textured look.
- Apply Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifter Gel to damp hair from root to tip.
- Blow-dry hair periodically flipping hair upside down to create maximum fullness at the crown.
- Wrap large sections of hair around a 1-inch barrel curling iron starting at least 4” from scalp.
- Remove iron and quickly twist hot section pulling it into a rope-like shape until it cools – this will transform curls into waves.
- Brush hair out and run fingers through hair to break up the curls for a tousled look.
- Give hair added texture by adding some small braids and twists throughout hair.
- Complete the look with a headband, placing it 1-inch away from your hairline.
Find out how to recreate the Vampire curls in True Blood or Twilight or Uhura’s look in Star Trek after the jump.
True Blood (or Twilight) Vampire:
- Start by using the Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal Shampoo to hydrate hair for a good styling base.
- Apply the Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Mousse to damp hair for lightweight hold and added shine.
- Blow-dry hair using a natural or combination bristle brush.
- Curl hair using a 1-inch curling iron wrapping hair from tip to root to create tight curls; for defined curls, hold each section of hair in curl formation as it cools after removing iron.
- Pull hair half-up starting approximately ½ inch above the ears and secure with a clip or bow.
- Apply the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz control Anti-Humidity Hairspray to hair keep curls smooth and frizz-free.
Uhura from Star Trek:
- Start by using the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Shampoo and Conditioner to smooth hair and tame fly-aways.
- Apply the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Serum to give shine and smoothness, and protect hair from heat.
- Blow-dry using a flat brush with the airflow aiming down for a sleek, straight look.
- Flat iron hair, directing the iron downward, parallel with face for more “finished” looking ends.
- Pull hair back using a natural bristle brush for superior tension and smoothness, and secure ponytail at top of crown with an elastic.
- To create the illusion of a bun at the top of the ponytail, secure hair with a hair-embellished elastic (available in multiple shades to match your hair).
- Complete the look with Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Maximum Hold Aerosol hairspray for reflective shine.