The hair at the Charlotte Ronson Spring 2010 New York Fashion Week show was created by lead Avon hair stylist Allen Ruiz. The inspiration for the look was a remake of 80’s style. Allen created the fresh, young wispy look, that mirrors Charlotte Ronson’s collection. He says he wanted a “just walked out of dance class at Julliard” vibe. Allen loves the look because he says, “Spring is all about wearing your hair up and away from your face. Wearing your hair up in a bun creates a youthful, fresh look that is easy-to-achieve.”
Allen was kind enough to give us the details on exactly how to recreate the look. “Radiate confidence and positive energy by styling your bun so it looks finished, yet slightly disheveled,” he says. Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Prep the hair from root to tip with Advance Techniques Salon Volume Finishing Spray to enhance natural shine and create volume.
- Step 2: Using the Advance Techniques Paddle Brush and hair dryer, distribute the Advance Techniques Salon Volume Finishing Spray by sectioning off the hair and blow-drying to ensure that there is a natural, soft texture.
- Step 3: Next, gather the hair tight to form a ponytail at the back crown of the head and secure with a ponytail holder keeping all sides flat.
- Step 4: Holding hair at the base of the ponytail, twist the hair firmly in one direction to form a kink in to a spiral. Secure with bobby pins.
- Step 5: On the sides, using the little hairs “muse” the wispy hairs to play up the natural texture.
- Step 6: Lightly spray Advance Techniques Hair Spray to complete the style and hold in place.
All products mentioned can be purchased at www.avon.com. And now check out some backstage shots…