The Carolina Herrera Spring 2010 collection was inspired by intricate forms woven in Japanese baskets. Orlando Pita created these beautiful, fine-textured low twisted chignons with touches of delicate long strings of intricate seed-beads swept throughout strands of the hair. The looks, created with Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, highlighted smooth elegance with a natural ease, texture and flow.
“We used argan-oil infused Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to prime the hair and give it a natural-looking, frizz-free texture with a soft hold,” noted Pita. “The beads were designed to blend subtly through the hair; appearing almost as if they’re embedded in the strands themselves.” Pita plays with texture and keeps the look relaxed and piece-y, without stiffness or tight structure. Rather than using a brush to blow-dry strands, Pita mussed hair with his fingers as he blow-dried to enhance the tresses’ natural separation and create further definition.
To achieve this runway look:
- First prep the hair for blow-drying using argan-oil infused Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to give silky shine and soft hold while eliminating unwanted frizz.
- While blow-drying each section, lightly mist new argan-oil infused Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray (available in December, 2009) over hair to lend increased holding power.
- Another coat of Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray “lends even more texture and helps provide grip when pinning the chignon into place,” said Pita. The spray holds a style while maintaining hair’s healthy condition.
- Sectioning off the very front of the hair from ear to ear, place the beaded headband on the part and pull the front section back over the band, interweaving its beaded strands with the natural hair.
- Gently twist the hair and beads back into a knot, and twist under. Finish with a light misting of Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray for healthy-looking and lasting hold.
Moroccanoil is sold exclusively in salons. To find your nearest salon, go to moroccanoil.com.