Waxing and shaving can leave you with annoying razor burn, bumps and ingrown hairs. TendSkin is the solution for these unsightly skin issues, but it’s pricey ($35 for 8 oz.) But I’ve got good news! You can make your own TendSkin at home. It’s super easy and super cheap–under five bucks!
What you need to make homemade TendSkin:
- Uncoated aspirin
- 70% alcohol
- Witch Hazel
- A measuring cup/bottle
- 2 bottles used to shake mixtures
- 1 8oz or more bottle to keep finished product
What to do:
- Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
- Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
- Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
- Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
- Wait (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. (NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. That’s OK–some of it never will.)
- Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together in one bottle. Make sure you shake both mixtures before you combine them so you get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.
This last bottle is your TendSkin. Use 1-2 times a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness, flaking or irritation. Make sure you shake well before each use. Do not use if you are allergic to asprin.